Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday hibernation is over!

So I'm back from my holiday hibernation and ready for a new year of blogging. Thought I'd start out by sharing a few pics from over the Holidays.

This year we kicked off the festivities by attending the children's Christmas Eve service that my nephews and niece participate in. I brought my camera along to take a few shots at the service - my sister, who was sitting in a pew a few rows away texted me that she wasn't sure if I was supposed to take pictures in church - I texted her back to let her know that I wasn't entirely sure that you were supposed to be texting in church...touché!

I only took a few, so as to not disrupt the service, but with all the kids wiggling, squirming and making faces, I wish I would've had a chance to take more! I especially liked this shot of the little guy sitting in front of me who grew particularly restless...




(white arrows - Jordan, the Bean, Jonah)



After the service we realized that my brother and my nephew were wearing matching sweaters...



I'm pretty sure that the funniest event of the evening was when my niece's zhu-zhu pet got stuck in my sister's hair. My mom had playfully put the zhu-zhu on my sister's shoulder and before she knew it the wheels had managed to wind up a good chunk of my sister's hair. Like the good sister/blossoming photographer that I am, I couldn't pass up this photo op...



It took four people and a scissors to untangle the little guy...





After this episode I was ready for a little r&r + eating, so I handed my camera to my cousin Alyssa and showed her how to shoot in manual mode.


Alyssa & the Bean

The following are the photos that she took - and I love them! She has a knack for capturing the moments that one might miss - the kids exchanging stories, an embrace, silent reflection...







And by the end of the night my husband had taught our niece a plethora of annoying tricks and jokes that will probably get her in trouble at school (sorry sis)...


Steve & the Bean

The next day we enjoyed an Italian feast (no we're not Italian, but we do like their food). I promised my sister I would take some shots of the food - here you go...







and to wrap it all up... here's to a year filled with the sweetest things in life!



Picture credits: © 2010 Suzy Rohan & Alyssa Schumacher

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Suzy...looks like you had a great holiday! Cheers to you and a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great Suzy...and my daughters got a Zhu zhu pet stuck in one of their hair/heads too lol!

    ReplyDelete