Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter Wonderland

This last Sunday Steve and I checked out the Christkindl Market in Daley Plaza and then headed over to Lincon Park Zoo for the ZooLights exhibit. Both provided great photo ops that will hopefully give you that warm & fuzzy holiday feeling!

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those you love!

Christkindl Market Photos:


That's Steve on the right, my husband and somewhat reluctant photography subject.






Not sure what these are called, but my Grandma had one and I loved it - it was a little tricky to get the fan part spinning as I recall.


Something about the shot above reminds me of the last Batman movie.



So I didn't intentionally take this shot, but I love the way the lady in the fur looks and it is kind of a good example of the thirds principle.




I have this thing about lambs - I just think they're really cute - thus the shot above...



We got a bite to eat at the market - brats, potato pancakes (dripping with butter - no wonder, I saw the cook literally take a pitcher of butter and pour it over the potatoes while they were frying - and yeah, I ate it anyway - yum) and Glühwein.




Lincoln Park Zoo (ZooLights):




It really did look like someone went all Clark Griswold on the entire zoo, which gave me the perfect opportunity to play around with my shutter speed and ISO - just to see what would happen (above are a couple of examples of this experiment).








more experiments...




Picture credits: © 2009 Suzy Rohan

No comments:

Post a Comment